Note: Don’t worry about exact measurements. Just use what you have on hand.
1. No need to peel vegetables
2. Use organic, free-range chicken if you can (happy birds taste better) especially if you’re using the chicken meat for soup, vs. chicken salad.
3. Make sure your storage pot will fit in the fridge ahead of time
4. Save disposable ice packs from any UPS packages you receive to cool food down without using all of your ice
5. If you don’t have time to cool stock overnight, you can use a fat separator. Or when broth has cooled from ice bath, use a cold spoon, ice, or cold leafy vegetable to collect fat
6. Yields 5 quarts (aka 20 cups)