When you run out of mayo for your mac salad and don’t feel like going back to Times. This homemade mayonnaise is easy to make with only five ingredients. Fresher and tastier than store bought, it has a subtle tanginess from the dijon and white balsamic vinegar to balance the richness of the oil and egg yolks.
1. Adjust vinegar and mustard to your liking, depending on what you plan to use the mayo for
2. For an aioli, whisk in pressed garlic and substitute olive oil for vegetable oil
3. Store in a squeeze bottle for this okonomiyaki
Recipe is for (3) egg yolks
- 3 egg yolks only
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 3 tsp white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 1/4 cup canola oil divided
- 1 tsp Salt
- Whisk egg yolks with lemon juice, mustard, vinegar and salt. While whisking, drip in a third of the oil 1/4 teaspoon at a time.
- Once the mixture is stable and thickened, slowly drizzle remaining oil while continuing to whisk. Taste and season with salt as needed.
- Store in mason jar for a special deli sandwich or squeeze bottle for okonomiyaki!
Share this Recipe